B.I.T, Sindri invites for admission to 02 years Full Time M. Tech. program of the Institute in Mechanical, Production, Electrical, Metallurgy, Chemical and Civil Engineering for the session 2018- 2020 commencing from August, 2018.
Specialization Discipline Required
(i) Heat power Engineering : Mechanical Engg.
(ii) Machine Design : Mechanical Engg.
(iii) Production Technology & Mgt. : Mechanical /Production/ Industrial Engg
(iv) Power System. : Electrical Engineering / EEE
(v) Control System Engineering : Electrical/EEE/ECE/Inst & Control
(vi) Process Metallurgy. : Metallurgical Engineering
(vii) Physical Metallurgy : Metallurgical Engineering
(viii) Plant Design. : Chemical Engineering
(ix) Structural Engineering : Civil Engineering
(x) Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engg. : Civil Engineering
- Starting Date of Application: 02.05.2018 and Last date for form submission: 31.05.2018
- Intimation to short listed Candidates: 15.06.2018 (through Institute website)
- Counseling date of Gate qualified Candidates: 11.07.2018 to 13.07.2018 (Tentative)
- Admission of Gate qualified Candidates: 17.07.2018 to 19.07.2018
- Second time intimation to Gate qualified candidates: 20.07.2018
- Date for 2nd round Counseling of Gate qualified candidates: 23.07.2018 to 25.07.2018
- Admission through 2nd counseling : 24.07.2018 to 25.07.2018
- Date of interview of non- Gate candidates: 26.07.2018 to 27.07.2018
- Declaration of result of non-Gate candidates: 28.07.2017
- Admission of non-Gate candidates: 29.07.2018
- Class Start date: 13.08.2018(Tentative)
- Any change in above mention date may be seen at institute website.
Candidates with a valid GATE score with B.E / B. Tech or equivalent degree in respective mentioned discipline with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent C.G.P.A. ( in case of SC/ST the minimum marks of 55% or equivalent C.G.P.A).
Candidates possessing above qualifications and having valid GATE score will be entitled for monthly stipend as per the A.I.C.T.E. / Government approved norms as per availability of fund from A.I.C.T.E. If seats are not filled up with GATE qualified candidates, Non-GATE qualified candidates may also be considered without monthly stipend. The stipend will be provided to the students subject to approval from AICTE and their attendance must be 75% or above.
NOTE- B.E / B. Tech appearing candidates for 2018 exam may also apply but they have to produce the final result at the time of admission.
Demand Draft of ₹ 1000 (One thousand only) for General and OBC category
Demand Draft of ₹ 500 (Five hundred only) for SC and ST category.
The demand draft should be made in favor of “Director, B.I.T, Sindri” payable at S.B.I, B.I.T, Sindri (IFSC code– SBIN0011812).
With the partition of Bihar in 2000, BIT Sindri was named Birsa Institute of Technology, but later decided to be referred only as BIT Sindri because of historical importance of its name.