GATE is a graduate level exam for engineering graduates from the different fields so that they can pursue higher education or job in PSU.
It is conducted every year by one of the Organizing IIT’s.
It is considered to be highly technical and it tests the technical and logical ability of the student.
Technical Knowledge of the student is tested and their problem solving is also tested.
Moreover many of the questions asked are very innovative and require analysis of knowledge, logic and problem solving.
Many colleges consider GATE score as a parameter for its admission process.
All such M.Tech colleges have been mentioned here.
GATE exam Pattern
Exam is conducted online in either morning or afternoon session across multiple days.
GATE exam for all branches consists of two parts:-
- General Aptitude
Total of 65 questions.
- 10 Questions for General Aptitude
- 55 Questions for Technical.
- General aptitude
- 5 Questions for 1 mark
- 5 questions for 2 mark
- Total 15 marks for General Aptitude
- 25 Questions for 1 mark
- 30 Questions for 2 marks
- Total 85 marks for Technical section
- Total 100 marks paper.
Time available for paper – 3 hours.
Virtual Calculator available for calculations. No Physical calculator allowed.
Review of the exam will be asked to fill after exam.
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.|
|Board Name||IIT Delhi.|
|Exam Level||All over India.|
|Application Process Starting Date||1st September 2020.|
|Application Last Date||5th October 2020.|
|Last date to Change Centers||17th November 2020.|
|Last Date for Application Corrections||15th to 26th Nov 2020.|
|Admit Card Issue Date||5th January 2020.|
|CBT Exam Dates||1, 2, 8, 9 February 2020.|
|Availability of GATE Score card||To be updated .|
Get to know your GATE result now:- GATE Result
How to fill GATE form
Online applications for GATE 2020 are out now for candidates.
Following are the steps to be followed for filling the application;
- Open the web browser(chrome, firefox etc)
- Visit IIT website
- Register on the website and follow the steps given below.
Enter your name correctly, because it is going to be printed on GATE SCORE CARD. be careful with spelling mistakes in that. After confirming the name, Enter your Email address and Mobile number & set the proper password. Your Registration is completed now.
B) Application form:-
- Login to the portal now with the ID & password.
- Select your paper code. (eg. ME, EE, etc)
- Choose your Examination country. Then select the examination city. There are three preferences for examination city. So select the first preference city in which you reside currently. Then, the second preference should be the city which is near to your city. Only in rare cases, you will be alloted to the second city, if first city is full.
- In applicants personal details, verify your E-mail address & mobile number by OTP. After that enter your basic details like DOB, Gender, Nationality and Category.
- Fill your address in Correspondence address section.
- In Qualifying degree details, enter your BE/BTech college information.
- In Upload documents section, upload your photograph and signature within proper pixel resolution and aspect ratio.
- For Upload Eligibility Document / Certificate, you have to upload one of the following documents
i. Degree certificate / Provisional passing certificate.
ii. Course completion certificate.
iii. Consolidated mark sheet / Final year marksheet.
iv. Those who have not completed undergraduated studies. Upload Eligibility certificate in prescribed format.
v. Section A or B completion certificate from a professional society.
C) Payment:- Now do the payment as per your category and country and submit the application.
GATE commitee will verify it within 1-2 days.
Once the form is filled and payment is done the next step is to download the admit card.
GATE admit card
Click on the link given below to download your GATE admit card now. Link will be activated once admit card is released.
How to download GATE admit card?
GATE admit card will be made available on IIT-D website.
Steps to follow to download GATE admit card:-
- Open the GATE IIT-Delhi website either through google or through the link given above.
- Enter the registration number and password to login.
- Download the GATE admit card
GATE admit card check list
Once You download the admit card. follow these steps to check the admit card:-
- Check your name, branch and registration number.
- Look for spelling mistakes if your name is difficult to spell.
- Check the other personal details like photo,signature.
- Write down the exam slot ie. exam time and the location of the center.
- Immediately take a print out either B/W or colour and keep it in a safe place.
What if GATE admit card is not downloaded?
In case your admit card doesn’t download, don’t panic try these following steps:-
- Check your internet connection
- Try opening the website from another web browser.
- Wait for some time and try again incase there is a server issue.
- Sometimes the admit card is downloaded but not found in PC/Laptop/mobile. Check thoroughly again.
- Contact GATE authorities if problem still persists.
Many students are unable to do well in this exam as they are not fully aware of how to tackle a problem.
Students just keep on acquiring knowledge and not really look at problem solving.
Students prefer solving previous years questions without actually analyzing the full depth of the problem.
This is one of the most common mistake that students do and is the main reason for their downfall.
Students also prepare for the exam by setting a target for their exam.
They do so with looking at the various Cut off of top colleges.
To know more about the top colleges which consider GATE for admission process
Get cut off of PSU here.