Indian Army: Indian Army is conducting recruitment derive for Unmarried Male candidates for the 132nd Technical Graduate Course (TGC) which will commence on January 2021.
This course will be conducted at Indian Military Academy in Dehradun for Permanent commission in the Indian Army. Following are the details of the recruitment of the Indian Army.
|Post||Technical Graduate course|
|Age limit||upto 27 years|
|Last date of application||26/8/2020 upto 1200 Hrs|
|Official notification||Indian Army Notification|
- 1 Indian Army Eligibility criterias
- 2 Indian Vacancies
- 3 Indian Army commission types
- 4 Indian Army Training details
- 5 Indian Army Promotion and Salary Structure
- 6 Indian Army Insurance details
- 7 How to apply to Indian Army
- 8 Indian Army selection Procedure
- 9 Indian Army important links
Indian Army Eligibility criterias
This point covers all the eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfill before applying for the post. A candidate can be rejected if any of these criteria is not met. So candidates must check carefully for the eligibility of their candidature.
A candidate must either be : –
- (i) A citizen of India, or
- (ii) a subject of Nepal, or
- (iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, will attach such certificate along with the application.
20 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2021. (Candidates born between 02 Jan 1994 and 01 Jan 2001, both dates inclusive).
Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. Candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Jan 2021 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Indian Military Academy (IMA). Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
Indian Army commission types
(a) Grant of Commission. Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
(b) Permanent Commission. On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
(c) Ante Date Seniority. One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry in the rank of Lt.
Indian Army Training details
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit (engineering stream-wise) upto the number of available vacancies and subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Duration of training – 49 weeks.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun. A candidate, if he marries while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful at the Service Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be inducted for training, and his candidature will be cancelled.
- Cost of Training. The entire cost of training at IMA is at Government expense. In case the Gentleman Cadet is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than medical ground or beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs.11952/- per week till 30 Sep 2020, thereafter a yearly escalation of 8% p.a will be calculated on the Per Capita cost of Training for each ensuing year (or as notified from time to time) apart from allied charges as fixed by the government from time to time, for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
Indian Army Promotion and Salary Structure
Note:- (i) Higher Tpt Cities (UA). Hyderabad, Patna, Delhi, Ahmadabad, Surat, Bengaluru, Kochi, Kozhikode, Indore, Greater Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Jaipur, Chennai, Coimbatore, Ghaziabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Kolkata.
(ii) The allowance shall not be admissible to those service personnel who have been provided with the facility of Government transport.
(iii) Officers in Pay Level 14 and above, who are entitled to use official car, will have the option to avail official car facility or to draw the TPTA at the rate of Rs. 15,750/- +DA per month thereon.
(iv) The allowance will not be admissible for the calendar month(s) wholly covered by leave.
(v) Physically disabled service personnel will continue to be paid at double rate, subject to a minimum of Rs. 2,250/- + DA per month.
Indian Army Insurance details
Army Group Insurance Fund (AGIF). The Gentlemen Cadets when in receipt of stipend are insured for Rs 75 lakhs as applicable to officers of the regular Army. For those who are invalidated out by IMB on account of disability and not entitled to any pension will be provided Rs 25 lakhs for 100 percent disability. This will be proportionately reduced to Rs 5 lakhs for 20 percent disability. However, for less than 20 percent disability, an Ex-Gratia grant of Rs 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre-enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex-Gratia grant. In addition, Gentlemen Cadets withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as undesirable or leaving the Academy voluntarily will not be eligible for disability benefits and Ex-Gratia. Subscription at the rate of Rs 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by Gentlemen Cadets to become member under the AGI Scheme as applicable to regular Army Officers. The subscription for the relegated period would also be recovered at the same rate.
How to apply to Indian Army
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registration is not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard.
- A page Officers Selection ‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments – Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of your details, click on ‘Submit Now’.
- Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
- Self attested copy of following documents along with their originals are to be carried to the Selection Centre by the candidates:-
- (i) One copy of the Print out of application duly signed and affixed with self attested photograph.
- (ii) Matriculation/Secondary School Examination certificate or equivalent certificate and marksheet issued by the concerned Board of Education. Note 1. Matriculation/Secondary School Examination Certificate or Equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board of Education will only be accepted as proof of Date of Birth, candidates name and Parent’s name (Father & Mother) (No other document like Admit card/ Marksheet/Transfer certificate etc are acceptable).
- Note 2. In case Parent’s name (Father & Mother) is not mentioned in matriculation/ Secondary School Examination certificate or equivalent certificate, the candidate is required to produce any document issued by Government of India or States Govt such as PAN card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving licence etc. for verification. However, Candidate’s name and his Parents’s name filled in online application must match exactly with those mentioned in the produced document.
- (iii) 12th Class Marksheet and Certificate or Equivalent Certificate.
- (iv) Engineering Degree/Provisional Degree issued by the university.
- (v) Mark sheets of all Semesters. (Revised mark sheets issued by a Board/University after submission of online application by the candidate will not be accepted for shortlisting for this course).
- (vi) Certificate issued by the Controller of Examination/Registrar of the concerned University regarding formula for conversion of CGPA/ Grades into marks followed by the University.
- (vii) A certificate issued by the Controller of Exam/Registrar/Dean of the concerned University or Principal of the College regarding cumulative percentage of marks upto 6th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer science/ 8th semester for Architecture as per Rules/Guidelines of the University which is applicable to the candidate.
- (viii) Certificate from the Principal/ Head of the Institution stating that the candidate is in final year and his result will be declared by 1st of the month of commencement of course (for final year appearing candidates). CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO READ THE NOTIFICATION CAREFULLY AND THEN FILL UP ONLINE APPLICATION FORM TO AVOID MISTAKES, AND THEREBY REJECTION OF APPLICATION.
- (ix) Declaration by the candidate of final year Engineering degree course that he will submit the proof of passing by 1st of the month of commencement of course to Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which his candidature will be cancelled.
- All certificates in original to be carried by the candidates for SSB Interview for verification. Originals will be returned after verification at the Service Selection Board itself.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for reference. There is no need to send any hard copy to DG Recruiting.
Indian Army selection Procedure
- Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream (cumulatively obtained upto 6th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer science/ 8th semester for Architecture) without assigning any reason.
- After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of selection centre, candidates will be allotted firm SSB dates by the system.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
- Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage 1 will go to Stage 2.
- Those who fail in Stage 1 will be returned on the same day.
- Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available at official website of Directorate General of Recruiting www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage 2.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
- Medical examination: Please visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedures of Medical Examination for Officers Entry into Army as applicable.