SSC CPO recruitment 2020: Staff Selection Commission(SSC) has released a notification for the recruitment of 1564 vacancies for the posts of Sub-Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).
The details of the recruitment notification of SSC CPO have been given in this post. All the important points have been covered. Candidates can check their eligibility and apply for the post if required.
The eligibility criteria has been specified by the SSC notification and candidates can check the required criteria and can apply for the posts if they are eligible.
|Name of Recruitment||SSC CPO|
|Advt no./Notification no.||F. No. 3/2/2020P&P-II|
|Pay scale||Level – 6 (Rs 35,400 – 1,12,400)|
|Nationality||Indian, Nepal, Bhutan|
|Age limit||20 – 25 years|
|Educational criteria||Bachelors degree from recognized university|
|Last date for online application||16/07/2020|
|Exam scheme||1. Paper – I|
3. Paper – II
4. Medical exam
|Official website||SSC Website|
- 1 SSC CPO 2020 vacancies
- 2 SSC CPO 2020 age limit
- 3 SSC CPO Education criteria
- 4 SSC CPO Examination centres
- 5 SSC CPO 2020 exam scheme
- 6 SSC CPO Medical exam
- 7 SSC CPO Salary
- 8 SSC CPO Application steps
- 9 SSC CPO important dates
- 10 SSC CPO important links
SSC CPO 2020 vacancies
The vacancies for the posts mentioned in the SSC CPO 2020 notification have been given below.
SSC CPO 2020 age limit
Age limit of the candidates should be from 20 to 25 years as on 01-01-2021 i.e. Candidates born not before 02-01-1996 and not later than 01-01-2001).
Relaxations for the posts are as given below:
SSC CPO Education criteria
Educational Qualification for all posts is Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
Final year can apply. Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/ University in support thereof as on 01-01- 2021 will also be eligible.
All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission in Computer Base Examinations, PET/ PST and Medical Examinations will be required to produce all relevant Certificates in original such as Mark sheets/ Provisional Degree/ Diploma Certificate as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2021 failing which the candidature of such candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove by documentary evidence that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed will also be considered to have the required Educational Qualification. It is reiterated that the result of requisite educational qualification must have been declared by the Board/ University by the specified date. Mere processing of the result by the Board/ University by the crucial cut-off date does not fulfill the EQ requirement.
SSC CPO Examination centres
SSC CPO examination center details have been given in the following table. Candidates can check the eligible centers and can apply as per their choices.
SSC CPO 2020 exam scheme
The examination will consist of Paper-I, Physical Standard Test (PST)/ Physical Endurance Test (PET), Paper-II and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). All these stages of the examination are mandatory. Details of these Papers/ Tests is as follows:
Questions in both papers will be of Objective Multiple Choice Type. Questions will be set in Hindi and English in Parts-I, II and III of Paper-I. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I & Paper-II. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
National Cadet Corps (NCC) certificate holders (as on 01-01-2021) will be given bonus marks in Paper-I and Paper-II which will be added to the normalized scores of such candidate as per following scheme:
Minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II (without adding bonus marks to NCC certificate holders) are as follows:
UR: 30%, OBC/ EWS: 25%, All other categories: 20%
On the basis of their performance in Paper-I (including bonus marks in case of NCC certificate holders), candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in PET/ PST Examination. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different cut-off marks in each part of Paper-I taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates.
PET/ PST are mandatory but qualifying in nature. Ex-Servicemen are not required to undergo PET. Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST will be allowed to appear in Paper-II Examination.
On the basis of their performance in Paper-I+Paper-II (including bonus marks in case of NCC certificate holders), candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
SSC CPO syllabus, PET/PST standards/rules
SSC CPO Paper – I syllabus:
General Intelligence and Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern folding and completion, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, etc.
General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates‟ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English Comprehension: Candidates‟ ability to understand correct English, his/ her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
SSC CPO Paper-II Syllabus:
English Language and Comprehension: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate‟s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of words, comprehension etc.
SSC CPO PET/PST Standards
Weight: Corresponding to height
SSC CPO Physical Endurance Test (PET) (For all posts): 1
For male candidates:
- 100 metre race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 metre in 3 chances
- High Jump : 1.2 metre in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metre in 3 chance
For female candidates:
- 100 metre race in 18 seconds
- 800 metre race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metre in 3 chances
- High Jump: 0.9 metre in 3 chances
Those candidates who are declared not qualified in Physical Standards, i.e. height and chest, may prefer an appeal, if they so desire, to the appellate authority present on the PET/ PST ground. The decision of the appellate authority will be final and no further appeal or representation in this regard will be entertained. PST/ PET will not carry any marks but will be of qualifying/ elimination nature
SSC CPO Medical exam
Medical Examination: All the candidates who qualify in Paper-II will be medically examined by the Medical Officer of the CAPFs or any other Medical Officer or Assistant Surgeon belonging to Grade-I of any Central/ State Govt. Hospital or Dispensary. Candidates, who are found to be unfit, will be informed of the position and they can make an appeal before Review Medical Board within the prescribed time limit of 15 days. Decision of Re-Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be final and no appeal/ representation against the decision of the Re Medical Board/ Review Medical Board will be entertained.
Eye sight: The minimum near vision should be N6 (better eye) and N9 (worse eye). The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 (better eye) and 6/9 (worse eye) of both eyes without any correction like wearing glasses or surgery of any kind to improve visual acuity. In right handed person, the right eye is better eye and vice versa.
The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high colour vision. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
SSC CPO Salary
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400- 1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “B” (Non-Gazetted), Non-Ministerial.
Sub-Inspector (Executive) – (Male/ Female) in Delhi Police: The post carries pay scale of Level-6 (Rs.35,400-1,12,400/-) and is classified as Group “C” (Non-Gazetted) by Delhi Police.
SSC CPO Application steps
Candidates applying for the post mentioned in the SSC CPO recruitment 2020 notification will have to do a one time registration with the website. Once the registration is over, the candidate can fill his application form and apply for the required post.
Steps for one time registration:
- Keep the documents ready for the upload.
- Mobile Number (to be verified through OTP)
- Email ID (to be verified through OTP).
- Aadhaar Number. If Aadhaar Number is not available, please give one of the following ID Numbers. (You will be required to show the original document at a later stage):
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- School/ College ID
- Employer ID (Govt./ PSU/ Private) d. Information about the Board, Roll Number and Year of Passing the Matriculation (10th) Examination.
- Recent (i.e. not more than three month old) scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and both ears should be visible. The date on which the photograph has been taken should be printed on the photograph. Applications with blurred photograph will be rejected. f. Scanned signature in JPEG format (10 to 20 KB). Image dimension of the signature should be about 4.0 cm (width) x 2.0 cm (height). Applications with illegible signature will be rejected.
- Disability Certificate Number, if you are a person with benchmark disability.
- For One-Time Registration, click on „Register Now‟ link provided in „Login‟ Section on https://ssc.nic.in.
- One-Time Registration process requires filling up of following information:
- Basic details
- Additional details and contact details
- Uploading of the scanned image of passport size photograph and signature.
- Fill up the ‘One-Time Registration Form’.
- After completion of registration process, „Basic Details‟ can be changed only twice. THEREFORE BE EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS WHILE MAKING ONE TIME REGISTRATION.
- YOU ARE AGAIN ADVISED THAT NAME, FATHER’S NAME, MOTHER’S NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, MATRICULATION EXAMINATION DETAILS SHOULD BE FILLED EXACTLY AS RECORDED IN MATRICULATION CERTIFICATE. YOUR CANDIDATURE MAY GET CANCELLED IN CASE OF INCORRECT/ WRONG INFORMATION.
Steps for filling online application form
- Login to online system through your Registration Number and password on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in).
- Click „Apply‟ link in „Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces Examination 2020‟ Section under „Latest Notifications‟ tab.
- Information in columns at S.No.1 to 13 will be automatically filled from your One-Time Registration Data which is non-editable.
- S. No.14: Fill details regarding OBC status in the National Capital Territory of Delhi only. Click on „Yes‟, if you belong to a caste which is not included in the Central List of OBCs but has been notified as OBC by the Government of NCT of Delhi.
- S. No.15: Select „Yes‟, if you are a departmental candidate in the rank of Constable, Head Constable or Assistant Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police.
- S. No.16.1 : Select „Yes‟, if you will be a NCC Certificate Holder as on 01-01-2021 and provide the detail of NCC Certificate at S. No. 16.2.
- S No. 17: Give your preference for the Centres of Examinations. You may choose Examination Centres within the same Region. Choice for all the three Centres must be given in the order of preference.
- S. No.18: If you are an Ex-Serviceman, fill up the required information. Wards of servicemen/ exservicemen are not treated as ex-servicemen.
- S. No.19: Select „Yes‟, if you are eligible for special quota of Ex-Servicemen for the post of SubInspector in Delhi Police. Please refer to para-3.3 of the Notice of Examination.
- S. No. 20: If you are seeking age relaxation, select appropriate age-relaxation category.
- S. No. 21: Indicate your highest qualification.
- S. No. 22: Give detail of qualifying Educational Qualification.
- S No. 23: Select „Yes‟, if you have already passed the qualifying Educational Qualification and give its further details
- S. No. 24: Please see Para-16 of the Notice of Examination and fill up accordingly.
- S. No. 25, 26 and 27: Information with regard to Present and Permanent Address will be filled up automatically from the one-Time Registration Data.
- Information with regard to Photo and Signature will be filled up automatically from the one-Time Registration Data.
- Go through the declaration carefully and click on “I agree” check box if you accept the same. Fill up Captcha code.
- Preview and verify the information provided by you and submit the Application.
- Proceed to make fee payment if you are not exempted from payment of fee.
- Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking or by using Visa, mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan. Refer Para-9 of the Notice of Examination for further information on the payment of fee.
- When application is successfully submitted, it will be accepted „Provisionally‟. Candidate should take printout of the application form for their own records. Printout of the „Application Form‟ is normally not required to be submitted to the Commission at any stage.
SSC CPO important dates
Submission of online applications: 17-06-2020 to 16-07-2020
Last date and time for receipt of applications: 16-07-2020 (23:30)
Last date and time for making online fee payment: 18-07-2020 (23:30)
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 20-07-2020 (23:30)
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 22-07-2020
Dates of Computer Based Examination (Paper-I): 29-09-2020 to 05-10-2020
Date of Computer Based Examination (Paper-II): 01-03-2021